Friday 17 May 2013

Triple Altered Hanging Canvases & Mixed Media Collages
(Prima: Divine, Engraver & Lyric)


This is my latest project - I hope you like it.
I bought the 3 hanging canvases at a local art store and though it would be really cool to do a 'Prima' collection of my favourite current Prima papers. The canvases are all 8x8 inches.

As the Divine & Lyric collections are very similar in colouring I thought it would be nice to have them as kind of matching. as the Engraver is a lot darker I wanted to do something a little different with that one but keep the 'exploding' canvas theme.

I have not seen anyone link the exploding canvas with the mixed media canvas collage before so thought it would be really great to combine the two things. (I am not saying no one has done it - it may have been done - I just havent seen it)








For this exploding canvas I have used Prima Divine paper, the coordinating flowers & I have fussy cut a lot of pieces from the paper line. I have also altered a domino and puzzle piece. Most of the embellishments were purchased from ebay & the hot air balloon charm is a jewellery piece which I thought would go really nicely. For the collage part underneath I have used Lindy's Stamp gang 'Whale watch blue' & a spray i made from pink pearlised paint.


  
For the half exploding canvas I have used the Prima Engraver paper. The clock mask is by Tim Holtz and it applied with texture paste & sprayed with home made sprays. I have used some coordinating engraver flowers & fussy cut lots of pieces from the paper line. I have used a Prima Metal tresure in the centre with a piece of the paper line before. the explosion itself comes from an opened 'zip'.



For the explosion part of this canvas I have used the Prima lyric paper. I have used some of the coordinating flowers as well as a lot of fussy cuts!. The same as the Divine canvas I have altered a domino and puzzle piece for this canvas.  For the collage I have used a Lindy's spray in 'Toto's Tornado Black' this is a flat fabio and I really liked the contrast of that against the shimmer of the pearlised pink home made spray. 

This was quite a big project that took quite a bit of time but I really enjoyed it and I think it really shows off the different Prima paper collections.
I hope you like it

XOXO Kel





No comments:

Post a Comment