Friday 24 May 2013

Small Project Share

I got this little box free recently at a boot fair and decided I would like to alter it! As it was free I decided I would like to alter is with things / scraps / left overs that I have. so I pulled out my left over Prima Almanac Paper :). This was a very qyuick simple project made in an hour or so.


I started by painting the whole thing with black gesso. I then added black texture cream by Viva decor to the sides and made sure that there were some raised areas to give it some texure. I added two pieces of almanac paper to top of the box top torn slightly to one side. Once the texture was dry I ripped some of the designer paper into pieces, edged it with 'black soot' distress ink and adhered it in random places around the lip of the lid. I then covered the sides of the box and the inside of the box with design paper. I used mod podge for this and sealed the inside papers by coating over the top in mod podge as well.


 I did not have enough almanac paper left to cover the whole inside so I used some of the Prima Lyric collection and distressed all the edges with 'black soot' distress ink. I then rubbed the raised areas if the texture paste as the side with Viva decor Inka Gold in 'Graphite' to give the raised areas some shimmer and definition. 


To decorate the top I decided that as I have not yet attempted a 'layout' I would make the top a first layout attempt  I used a different piece of the almanac paper to the centre and a cute picture of one of my daughters and worked around those. I fussy cut some pieces from the paper line, a WOC flower, an IAR flower & a handmade rolled rose. I used textured trims from my stash (bought from ebay) layered one over the top of the other and added a prima ruler / tape measure trim to one side. I cut a rosette from some rosette trim, and sprayed it with Lindy's 'Toto Tornado Black' and adhered it to the box with a fussy cut image to the centre. The rest of the embellishments are from my stash.




I hope you like it
XOXO Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment