Thursday 3 October 2013

'Love, Dream, Live & Giggle' Altered Key Box


I started with a plain wooden key box that I purchased from Calico Crafts. I decided to alter it using the Kaiser craft base Coat release 2 collection of paper.

I started by painting the bare wood with a chocolate brown acrylic paint. I then cut the paper to fit the box, I mitered the edges to give it a neat look. I distressed all the edges of the paper quite heavily with Tim Holtz distress ink in 'walnut stain'. On the back side I used a piece of brick effect card stock that I bought from UK craft store hobbycraft.

I used a vintage trim all the way around the bottom of the cabinet / box as it was the perfect colour look that I was going for. All the rest of the trims and the doily I tea dyed. 

On the right hand side is a doily from my stash which I inked in the same 'vintage photo' distress ink as well as a small piece of trim which I tea dyed that was purchased from Shabbylicious on zibbet.

The left side follows the same pattern and I have used the other half of the doily from the right hand side as well as some more vintage lace and a piece of the same trim as on the right side.

On the top I used the same paper with the same distressing and decorated with a large prima flower as well as a hand made rosette shabby flower with a large button centre. I followed a tutorial for the rosette flower on youtube by Lavish Laces. I also used a vintage doily and a brown paper flower from my stash. 

The front has been papered the same as the rest of the box. I used a metal door pull that I purchased form ebay for the closure and stuck it on with e6000. I tea dyed the lace at the top and embellished with crochet doily, applique trims well as a number of embellishments & flowers from my stash. The title was made up of Tim Holtz word tickets.

The inside is papered with a different patterned paper from the same collection and I made a little pocket for the inside door to keep receipts in.







Here's the Video :)

Thanks for stopping by
Kel xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, Kelly! Caroline here (one who recently gushed over at your yt chnl?
    Thought I would stop by & join your blog. What do I see? A fantastic grunge styley altered beauty!! Now, grunge & steampunk are my absolute favourite looks. They send ny to my happy place!! You really are a very talented alter-rer (yes, made up word). Off to watch video so prepare for more waffle underneath.... C :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again sweetie! Thank you so much. I try to do a lot o different styles and dont like to stick to any one style / thing for too long. Hee hee made up words are cool xx

    ReplyDelete