Wednesday 2 October 2013

Alice In Wonderland Altered Mirror Box

I started out with a plain black wooden box with a mirror in the background and a silver coloured 'melting clock' I knew I wanted to so something Alice in Wonderland themed so I set about looking through Google images for things I could use as background papers.

All the checkered and diamond shaped papers on this box come from google images, re-sized and cut to fit. On the inside I stuck images from goggle of playing cards & they look really cool reflected i the mirror. All the images of people come from a book that I own that I scanned, re-sized, printed & fussy cut, as well as some of the smaller flower images.

The clock is from ebay and was pretty inexpensive all I did to it was paint it white. It is removable from the box so the batteries can be changed and still fully functioning.

All the flowers are hand made from miniature playing cards. I made the flowers up as I went along, just cutting out shapes and sticking them together until I was happy with them.

I used a lot of my favourite quotes from the book, typed up in word, printed in different fonts in red and black to go with my colour scheme.

I made a little card man from a minature playing card and fussy cut his head and hands from the scanned image from my book.

Another image from google was the door knob which I fussy cut and covered in glossy accents. 

I created a little flag pole with a small wooden dowel and added a quote in a hand cut flag shape to the top.

The cake, cup and chipboard words come from a company called 'tando creative' and I covered them in the paper from the back ground to coordinate. The words are also covered in glossy accents.

On the front I extended the image from the book by adding real miniature playing cards as if Alice was throwing them and added another hand made card man for a little fun.

The wooden mushrooms on the inside are also from ebay and I painted the bottom in white texture paint and the tops in red acrylic paint.

I used a metal key from my stash and painted it in black gesso to match my colour scheme and that lies on the floor in the front.



















Please click here for the video:



Thank you for stopping by!
Any questions please feel free to ask :)
Kel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment